Sunday, February 12, 2006

Life in Debtors Prison (Part I)

Dear so and so, I am so glad to hear from you today. I tend to get quite isolated here- The weather as you commented in your last letter is unseasonally warm. While my fashion sense suffers due to lack of funds I find keeping cool quite easy under the commons tree and the 2 tank-tops and short shorts circa 1999. After two months of waiting we finally received the almonds and trailmix from MOME (Mother or Misspent Existence). They've been crucial with help in establishing my compartively lush situation, and are why I can talk at lengths as I do with their donated pens, paper and electronic devices.

Still work at the facility is scarce and I find myself competing with an endless supply of people who are either freakishly intelligent or well connected. This contributes to my malaise, ennui and the like. This is an island like no other. I have friends to buoy me up but I am often in my room alone staring out the window; if I went outside it would seem less like a prison and yet i know what holds me, and this alone stilts what creativity is left in me. Time is running short and like most, wait for a break through, while eating a plentiful supply of scones, vita-drinks and avacados.

Meanwhile like all my other mates here, that frequent the commons, I'm working on my base tan now, doing yoga and working in the treadmill and bike (cross-training is totally essential)- Although it's only February you want to start toning, and tanning now so as to maximize your summer schedule and not fill it with fake tanning booths, cleanses and crash diets.

Well it's almost time for my turn at the Tele Vision and if I had more funds I'd have light to read by, but as it is it's become quite dark and I must conserve what little i have left. But do not despair for me- you find me well and really the trappings are quite nice if not a little confining. And as you know I'm here by my own accord- that is the most unsettling thing of all, but more later.

Adieu, Adieu.
M-
[IN AETERNUM]

No comments: