Saturday, November 5, 2011

seven years in ~

Have we run out of words? Our experiences seem to be swirling around us (or maybeitsjustme) lately, with nary a note taken. And this doesn’t seem right somehow, because we are note takers, are we not?  Observers and commenters and obsessers. Which isn’t even a word, but that never stops us. Maybe we’re just going through something. On the brink of foreign country expeditions and whatnot. Or an allergy to so much being-on-display.

October does traditionally suck the life out of me, although a) it’s not October anymore and b) fall is reclaiming its rightful place as my favorite season, what with the falling leaves. I mean, they literally fall and litter the streets while I walk, like burnt papery snow, and I love it. And I love that it just sits in the streets, along with the pine needles, like maybe someone should clean it up, but…eh.

Currently I’m avoiding the movie Hannibal like the plague and scourge it is by jacking up PandoraRadio and pinningthings and writing letters to you. If I had known that movie was filmed at Biltmore, my excursion there might have felt different somehow. Creepers. And despite the falling back and adding an extra hour tonight I feel like I don’t want to go to church tomorrow. I’m so antisocial. I suppose I will anyway. Maybe. Somehow I was recently roped into subbing as doorkeeper for the children’s classes and it’s totally fine because well I never contribute anything monetarily and stewardship has to take some priority? But I’m not sure how or why people assume I like and/or am good with children just because I happen to have two. It’s a myth I’m telling you. I’m not required to be there tomorrow but it’s been a few weeks since I’ve attended. Mainly the problem is I have no idea what to wear.

I used the fancy hairstuff today after my shower and I’m going to declare that I prefer the ElmersSchoolGlue. I said it. It’s true.

My windowsill green onions are growing. A lot. I tried googling what else I could cut and throw in a glass of water and grow forever but didn’t come up with much.

Sculpey Jesus looks like Charlie Brown at the moment but never fear. Someday he’ll have a blue outfit and facial hair.

Magnet paint is going to happen in the hallway. For art display. And magnet play.

Bookshelves in the living room as well as a huge book purge will also happen. Someday.

And someday I’ll paint the door red and the shutters black. But it’s getting cold and I can barely muster the will to mow the backyard.

While trick-or-treating the other night I stopped by the house that we almost rented like the nosey person I am and saw that a couple who requires use of a wheelchair ramp lives there. I had this total “ahh” moment of understanding about why we didn’t end up with that house. It was meant for them.

I’m making a leaf garland with the children. Except I’m doing most of the cutting and have scissoritis as a result. But it will be charming and so worth it, right? K.Lo insisted on Thanksgiving/not to be confused with Halloween decorations of some sort. I’ll totally take pictures.

All right I’m going to post this and then for Hannibal-less cover in the bedroom.

love to you this saturday eve,

pen

No comments: