Wednesday, June 30, 2010

m,

I’ve got a chicken-egg situation with my left pointer finger – bizarre, I know. I crack the knuckle because it hurts in a way that calls for a good crack, and then after I crack it, it hurts even worse. I mean, obviously I should stop cracking it. I know.

It’s that point in the summer where all the tomato plants are so big they’re falling over and there’s too many ripe maters to even give away. But salsa, mmm. And I see bruschetta in my future as well.

And why is it every time I go on a trip I come up with these completely unattainable goals, in addition to the packing and preparing. Such as: three posts in three days! (Because I didn’t write as many as I usually like to in June. Which monetarily is a thumbs down.) But that’s never gonna happen, even in a non-eventful week. But I never realize that straight away; instead I try and then get all exhausted and then finally collapse in a heap of surrender on the couch. Okay then. Revise plan to some level of reasonability.

Hey, you know that Galatians 5 passage with the laundry list of sinful acts? Someone – I’ve been wanting to mention – might have read that jauntily on Sunday. It might have made me laugh on the inside. I swear the tone was downright amused. (Although he still needs a haircut and a good shave, I’m just saying. Needs a girl.)

Today, a treadmill walk and then yoga. Possibly a post in the afternoon and the baking of coffee cake (I think?) for this weekend. Or maybe muffins. Or both. See – grand aspirations, unattainable goals.

penelope sparklers

4 comments:

almost anonymous said...

Mmmm. Salsa. (Must go eat dinner...but everything you mentioned sounds delicious.)

pen said...

I haven't yet made a thing. *despair*

somebodys mom said...

rice crispy squares! Everyone loves them, and you can use whole grain puffed rice instead of the usual.


my word verification is 'santi'

Andria said...

yes, but you did and it was delicious! Please remember to send me the banana muffins recipe!! :)