Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pen-

My question is to shower at the gym tomorrow or wait till friday. I'd say tomorrow I think. Cuz hopefully by Friday the plastic sheeting will be up and we can shower all we want, especially since mom "coincidentally" decided to pump the septic tank, at least 5 years overdue, coinciding to the brother's visit. Though apparently just now, mom has corrected me by saying just 5 years ago we pumped it. So maybe then its just 3 years overdue. I can't decide. Either way though a septic tank makes me feel green and earth conscious it stresses me out like taking care of a car. But worse. One that is always making you aware of itself by your actions. You'd be amazed at what not to put down the sink, let alone encroaching shrubs and trees. And then there's the shiny new shopvac my dad bought today bcs his other one died and I'm thinking that better not be my tiles going up in sucking hot air. *sigh. Cuz you know i'm obsessed now with getting exactly the tiles I want. Dangit. But otherwise things are progressing: vanity reinstalled and given tlc and lifted up a helpful 2", concrete stuff up in the shower, another coat of spackle applied- next its the fixtures, primer the walls and we're good for the visit, besides dusting, and sweeping the floor. And that whole, where exactly are people sleeping?

ANyway, I feel slightly scattered. I have lists, and things but really its like I can't focus on anything until after the brother. Like exercise and re-doing a resume as if i were someone else? I know you have no idea what i mean. But I'll totally talk about it more in the next blog. Right now I'm watching a nova special on macchu picchu and i'm a tad distracted. And tired from doing not so much, but just enough? It was a waiting around kind of day, a few garden pots, some clean up work, some painting, some hole digging before the sun went down and that was it.

more soon,
m.

7 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

I've gotta say, you live a pretty good life. I love the idea of spending time digging holes and being distracted by macchu pichu. Is there anything else one could want out of life? I say no!

On another note, shower at the gym tomorrow. Please. I'm begging you.

pen said...

We totally should have a resume workshop where we revamp them to make it look like we're as awesome as we are, rather than somehow deficient like employers seem to see us.

Don't put nothin' down the sink that is remotely foodlike. Scrape it all in the trash! And oil does not dissolve, even in hot water. That's a myth.

~sarah said...

Am I going to get to meet the brother? Because I feel like there is this mysterious hole in my acquaintance with your family and I would like to have it filled with a face and voice. : )

mendacious said...

ooo parker. sure! you'd officially be the only friend besides amber who has ever met him. its a big responsibility. i can only hope our schedules find some compatibility...?

pen said...

aHEM, i've met the brother, let's not forget...
;)

hey is the sarah chalke movie the one about cancer... something about lipstick? good one.

mendacious said...

i totally did forget. and i never did make it to the gym.

*sigh

mendacious said...

its the LFM about sexual harassment by football players against cheerleaders.