Monday, June 14, 2010

Dear Penolin,

This AM i vacuumed out the insides of my computer. It was immensely gratifying. I think it runs even quieter now. Though still loud. Not laptop quiet. At least its not making that grinding horror noise as it starts up now. But the insides are lovely to behold once the cobwebb was vacuumed up and the i think, a quarter inch of dust was removed from the fans that keep the computer from meltdown. But whatevs. You get this look at a beautiful motherboard and try to extricate the 2ndfan, worse than the 1st, and there's this grey film of dirt at the bottom of the conductivity whatever it is of the chip. I also backed up all my files just in case. ANyway i got so caught up in it, already 10am, I hadn't eaten breakfast so i settled for some cold chicken and an orange and am watching 'confessionsof*shopaholic'. Which I actually may gain some life advice from- perspective, whathaveyou. On not buying $5 lattes like water. Or cutting up my youknowwhat. Though these pathological liars who come clean always do seem to come out ahead and the cute you know who totally gets to be theirs in the end. But I am only 1/2 way through.

Enough about that. I don't want to grow too much of a conscience. I do need to develop some sort of work necklace schedule though. Ah, anyway, this movie is too distracting.

3 comments:

penelope said...

ah, micro-vacuuming.

i don't know about that story. the movie was aiight, i do like isla, but the book - blech. sent me into panics.

mendacious said...

well yes, micro-vacuuming. im still thinking about it with satisfaction.

i even walked 3 miles in 46minutes and that pales in comparison.

Unknown said...

yeay for clean computers. mine is sadly being returned from applecare, as their 'care'would be the same cost ALMOST as a whole new 'puter... boo. i sometimes don't like reading 'chic lit', but i mind it less onscreen with pretty colors and shopping montages and a triumphant heroine who has learned a valuable moral lesson/ how to be true to oneself. hi.