Monday, June 28, 2010

m,

Oh, summer.

I’m a teensy bit restless for several reasons. Besides that it’s summer and already I await cooler temperatures and fall TV. But the raspberries sure are tasty, as is the fresh-made salsa. And the chocolate-chip cookies that actually have nothing to do with the season, but I thought I’d mention them anyway. It’s just hot. Soup. And I’ve completed 2 out of 3 consecutive road trips – all good trips and we’re of course looking forward to the last. But (whine) the house is inevitably in the need of a major purge with all the accumulation from a few weeks of neglect and the lack of unpacking, and the lack of packing for the weekend to come looms. Although occasionally I’ve gone on mini, pocket-type cleaning and purging sprees, scouring the bottoms of apparently neglected pots with steel wool or thieving partially broken toys to deposit in the Next Yard Sale pile. Which make me feel better in temporary small increments.

I love that you met Ash. It warms my heart when the worlds collide as such. If your state’s gotta break off into the ocean someday, I vote for it to zoom around to the east coast and hang out for awhile so it can be one big party. Sound good?

In a random aside, I’ve been wondering about coincidence vs. providence. Speaking completely abstractly, it seems like I mostly believe in providence, or at least I do after absorbing the facts. But my initial amazement or skepticism or disbelief regarding a coincidence – does that reflect some sort of lack of faith? Some incidental chink in faith’s armor? Or do I just need to keep remembering, absorbing over time in order to appraise a situation with the mindset of, “Well of course it happened that way. Providence.” Or, is believing whole-heartedly in providence too extreme, too gullible? Should I question it all more?

…I feel like there was something else, but what?

Totally walked today and yoga’d. Rah.

Good night…

pen

1 comment:

somebody's mom said...

I love coincidences, they make me smile and I say thank you Lord for the fun of them. Like when all the cars at a four way stop are the same brand. or they're all white, or you meet a married couple and they have the same first names as your kids.... and so on. It is totally providence when your car ceases to run because it overheated and a couple of guys in a sports car offer to help and have a radiator hose (just sitting in their trunk) that totally works on your Mercury passenger car and so now water stays in the cooling system instead of spewing and you are good to go and the guys wouldn't even take any money for their trouble.