Friday, June 4, 2010

m ah lemma dingdong,

Thank you for basically designing my planter boxes, they are like the joy of my existence. The random afternoon thunderstorms keep dishing it out and the plants are alive with the sound of something. Summer. I almost wonder if they get too much water sometimes. But the snapdragons and sweet potato vines and even the marigolds all look like they’ve doubled over the past week. It’s lushness. Color and happiness. And even though it’s too thick and muggy and mosquito-infested to really enjoy outside, I love the fact of this color explosion.

I like seeing magnolias around town as well and pondering whether ours will grow more lanky and lean, or will it be shorter and fuller. And our yard will suddenly contain those earthier shades of dark green and yellow, which will give it a whole new spin. I do wish for some crepe myrtles, especially as they are currently in bloom everywhere here.

New book out from the library that is one of those absurd 7-day loans, like how can I possibly pull it off? But it’s really good. And since my Internets have been annoyingly spotty during the day, I have a built-in excuse to read instead of putting together a new post, which I really should, but I’ll get to it eventually.

Also, since we’re talking about the library, I want to mention that there’s a regular duck that sits outside, a really big duck that curls up in a ball and sleeps and you barely notice him as part of the landscape, except yesterday he was right by the sliding electric doors and made me jump. There’s a sign inside that explains his name is George – !!! Where is my camera when I need it? For heavens’ sake, our library has a duck named George.

Haircut tomorrow! Finally. My hair is practically itchy in its annoying lengthiness. My usual stylist just had a baby, however, so I had to look elsewhere. I’m going to the hair place that apparently exists right next door to the place where we got our pedicures. Who knew. It’s much closer and cheaper, but not too cheap, because that’s just a disaster in the making. And you can book online, unlike anywhere else in town, which is automatically a bonus considering my phone-phobia. So we’ll see. Wish me luck.

more soon-

pen

2 comments:

~sarah said...

Ha! I'm in the same boat - regular stylist not available until OCTOBER. I posted some photos of my haircut-fears. : )

almost anonymous said...

Pictures! I want to see pictures of both! Then maybe I'll finally get in to get mine cut, 'cause it's looking and feeling shaggy.

But I haven't figured out what to do with it, and I don't want to spend a bunch. So maybe it will be off to SuperCuts or something for a boring old trim.