Tuesday, May 4, 2010

america’s next top mendacious,

We should dish about the show before the next episode. Not that I’ll be able to watch it before Saturday or Sunday, which is when the CW finally gets around to posting it. Sigh. Whatever, I’mnotbitter.

Krista did deserve to win, although I feel like someone ought to point out that at first glance, it looks like she’s standing on her sheep. I’m just saying. I like Krista, and would be all right with it if she won. Krista reminds me of someone, but I’m not sure who. So does Angelea…

Whom I do not love. Besides that I don’t find her very appealing as a model, she’s typically classless every time she opens her mouth. The less she says, the better, and it seems like either she’s not opening her mouth as much lately, or else the editors are toning down her image in preparation for her ultimate win. I kind of think she’s going to win. WhatEVer. Props on 6 out of 6 go-see bookings – has any model ever gotten to all the go-sees, much less booked them? It’s pretty impressive, I’ll give her that.

I like Raina better, she might be my favorite. In spite of her ca-razy eyebrows, or maybe because of them. Also, she totally looks like Denise Richards in certain angles. And while she isn’t always exempt from un-heinous behavior, she’s pretty sweet.

Alexandra is also sweet, or else simply un-heinous, or dare I say boring. But I think she should go home soon. I’m glad she got her groove back, or whatever, but all her pictures look the same. And I don’t love her modely expression, which always involves an upturned face with slightly-open mouth. The camera angle is always straight up her nose… I just don’t get it, why she’s still in the competition. And while I found it amusing that all the go-see agencies found her choose of bootwear distasteful (Uggs? ugh! but are Uggs really out of style? why do people hate them so?), I do agree that she looked rough, rougher than the other girls anyway, even Angelea, who was dealing with some unfortunate frizz issues.

That leaves Jessica, who I sometimes love and sometimes don’t love. She is in fact very commercial and frankly, most times I don’t find her that remarkable. She’s rocked a few challenges and photo shoots. She’s young, which excuses her for most of the idiotic things she does, although I’m still not sure I can give her a pass on her mortifying display of ho-i-tude with Nigel a few episodes back. Girls! Be cool with Nigel. Be cool. We’re all still embarrassed about Caridee.

Alasia being cut? I feel like it was time. She’s cute and all, and I’m sure she’ll be successful someday, when she grows up. And by that I mean: grows out of her mouthiness. But overall she was out of her league. I totally get that decision.

And then, New Zealand… I want that rainbow over water. I want to see something like that in person, someday. Sheesh. I would also love to frolic in the pastures or whatever. It’s pretty there.

Also, CW, how many times do you have to show the New Zealand commercial voice-overed by Miss J? Yes, flights for less than $800. It’s MAJOR! Wee! I get it. Now partner yourself with hulu so we can have that shit posted faster and presented with limited commercial interruption. I’m just saying.

xo,

antPEN

7 comments:

ashley said...

Um, Krista totally reminds me to TEYONA with her forehead and crazy bone structure. And while she is very lovely, it's like, yawn, didn't this girl already win once?

Love for this season is at an all-time low, although I do mostly enjoy Raina-Richards, I'm beginning to wonder if her fabulous smizing is what's keeping her in it.

Where's the life this season? It is an ANTM wasteland.

pen said...

AGREED! It may be my least favorite season so far, simply because there isn't anyone to really root for. It's a big yawn. No personality -- or there's personality, but all those personalities suck. Also, the lack of Miss J at panel disappoints. I live Andre Leon Talley, but they need a Twiggy or a Paulina, too. Or Nole Marin, let's bring his bitch factor back to the table.

In line with all reality TV casting, all the girls remind me of *someone.* Brenda reminded me of McKey. Raina reminds me of that hippie girl that was on several seasons ago, with her odd features. So I'm thinking Angelea's doppelganger is also a past ANTMer, I'm just haven't nailed down who, yet...

pen said...

It could very well be Isis, the transgender model. Except I loved Isis, and do not at all love Angelea.

ashley said...

She might have a little Jade in her, too?

The word verification is "mismasio" which I think describes this season.

pen said...

Oh, shit. JADE! Personality, especially.

Andria said...

you captured a lot of my sentiments as well.
Isis! I think that's it for me for Angelea.
Krista=Teyona! yes! Brenda=McKee! uh-huh. Anslee=Renee. Alexandra even reminds me of plus size that won season 10 whose name I'm blanking on.
Oooh, I don't remember the Caridee-Nigel incident, but know I should!
I don't care for Andre Leon Talley. eh.
I do like Raina-Richards the best and thought after last week how much her eyebrows have faded for me because I could NOT get past them the first several episodes, but they don't seem to bother me as much (to the point of wondering if they'd done something different to them) and seem to suit her more now.
Do not like Alexandra's up-the-nose shots.

word verif: shodef
is that kind of like sho'nuf (sure enough)?

pen said...

awesome call on anslee/renee! the "smart" chick that got eliminated in the beginning was the elyse of the bunch, and a few other contestants from the past. i feel like compiling a "types" database, but then, that would be out of control. also hard to do without names and headshots because they blend together after awhile.