Saturday, May 1, 2010

Penabird,

so yesterdays most magical moment was the scrubjay that was flitting around the patio. it paused to pluck down a wasp nest and i was immediately entranced. and then it kept staring at me, coming closer and closer, from palm frond, to closer palm frond to window ledge and so then in a highly scientific process i selected things for it to try. lets call him nomenclature. he liked the pistachios and almonds. though i was sorry not to have peanuts for him. i spied him later eating a caterpillar in a snapdragon patch. but nomenclature hasn't come back. i hope he does. i am sure he can probably talk. and he did let me get really close to him and open the window without frighting him away so we also have great rapport. oh come back to me nomenclature! don't let me go back into this dull world without you.

3 comments:

pen said...

again i'm having to reconsider my feelings toward birds. hmm. i daresay i like him.

~sarah said...

magical! i hope you become bff's!

Andria said...

I was going to say "magical" as well! how wonderful. and LOVE the name.