Sunday, September 30, 2007

as they say in show biz,

One day you are een, and the next, you are OUT.

After the first full week of Fall TV premieres, here's what I've got:

IN:
Reaper
Life
Private Practice

May leave the runway for a second chance:
Bionic Woman
Kid Nation
Chuck (hanging by a thread)
Big Bang Theory (ditto)

OUT:
Gossip Girl (for now, may rent season in future)
Big Shots (yawn)
Journeyman

Parting note to Journeyman: your vision is ambitious, but in the end too complicated and lacking focus, cohesion, a clear set of Universe Rules. Do you time travel for personal love, or the greater good of select humankind? You have potential, but ultimately seem like you just don't know who you are or what you want--not enough to play in the Big Leagues just yet, anyway. In short, The Time Traveler's Wife, you are not.

***
Upcoming Talent for Screening Process, Week 2:
Aliens in America (will temporarily forgo Big Bang Theory)
Caveman (yikes)
Pushing Daisies (will temporarily forgo Kid Nation)
Dirty Sexy Money (love for Peter Krause wins out)
Brothers & Sisters (will pen overcome her love-lack for Calista Flockhart and hop on board for Season 2?)


***
Notes to old favs:
to The Office new plotlines: Eeeeeee!

to the Survivor cast: Hope you brought bug spray, hope you're happy keeping Right Said Dave around another week.

to Lexie Grey: Shut up? Except for when you yelled at George, that was great.

to Alex "Guido" Karev: Fix that hair before I come through the screen and muss it up.

to Private Practice writers: Addison does not need to dance around naked in order for women to see her as a fun, hip, potential gal pal we can all relate to. Especially not twice.

to Kid Nation's Taylor: Beauty Queens, in addition to not washing dishes and cooking the cold even when it's their JOB, can also seem like unendearing little a-holes.

to Heroes' Peter/Milo/Jess/Rocky Balboa's grown-up son: Don't be evil! Or at least, just don't die!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched Life at work on Friday and thought it had a decent start. It seems like they've got places to go without it getting repetitive and boring too quickly.

Finally ditched Grey's (at least for now). I think it helped to have a season finale I didn't like and then a summer to forget about it. Plus, I can always catch up with what's going on at Television Without Pity.

But with that out, Life in, and Pushing Daisies starting this week...still too many to keep up with. Something will have to go, I think. Or maybe I'll have to squeeze in more watching online while I'm at work.

You have my admiration for actually watching so many new shows :)

Anonymous said...

Agree on Journeyman, although I'm going to give it another shot. I liked that the ex-love of his life was also a time traveller, want to see what that's all about.

But what about CANE??? Did you watch that? It was so good.

Andria said...

I feel I haven't gotten enough to figure these things out yet! Kudos to being so decisive!
Have you watched Moonlight? About the vampire private investigator? I tried to record the first episode, but football or something ran long, so I only got like the first 12 minutes. I am intrigued by it somewhat, though.
Have yet to watch Life, but am looking forward to it, especially now that you have it on your keep list.
I didn't jump on the Private Practice train for some reason. maybe I'm missing out? Have you seen her Cadillac commercial? I don't normally watch commercials but happened to catch that one and it's very sexy and amusing to me that it's so in character for her.
Can you jump in on season 2 of B&S without watching the first season? I feel you'll miss out on a lot of the surprises and dynamics! Greg & I enjoy watching it because it has so much of both of our family dynamics in it. The recap show they did with comments from the cast (we were so shocked to hear so many accents! I don't know how someone can act without it and then go back to having it "normally" i.e. House!) was pretty good at catching you up a little, though, if you caught it. Ok, those are my measly thoughts for now.

penelope said...

i'm kind of in love with the addison cadillac commercial, as much as it baffles me.

soon i may have to make a separate case for everyone to restep on the grey's and private practice trains. if they continue to prove themselves worthy, that is.

ooo, cane. i thought about it and wasn't sure. must dvr and see.