Wednesday, September 5, 2007

trip part 5: dear mr. ollivander of the muggle optical world,

Thank you so much for fixing my glasses this morning. They were seriously squished in my suitcase because I packed them stupidly, but you didn't bat an eye when I brought them in, just nodded and murmured and disappeared into the back room to perform the oculus reparo spell, or something that must have been very similar--because it took no time it all. And you didn't charge me, didn't even ask me who I was or if I had bought my glasses there, just fixed them, smiled, and gave them back. It was like you just knew... A little creepy, but very much appreciated.

xo,
pen who can see a little clearer now

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!

ashley said...

Nice people are so awesome. Especially when encountered unexpectedly.

Andria said...

and when desparately needed - it helps restore a little faith in humanity and cosmic balance.