Wednesday, August 10, 2005

in the other

So my real distractions of late have been a computer game called "Alice"... After her many adventures, the stupid cat at home knocks over a buring oil lamp and the whole place goes up like tinder. The characters in the book scream for her to wake up, which she does. She makes it. Her parents don't. Then she ends up in an asylum, not in a "happy" place, and the nurse finally gives her, her stuffed rabbit, which when left alone, coincidentally tells her she has to help wonderland and sucks her into a vortex. Good times.

Background wise I used to be a bit (understatement) of an addict when it came to Tv, and computer games weren't exempt. I blame my brother and dad... but i could spend all day, everyday being an avatar and killing things, collecting food and treasure and weapons and solving puzzles. It was as we say, a good time. SO my friend got these games... and i get to borrow them. And it rekindles all the love of the game- which is actually a narrative, and a gripping one, in that, you have to employ problem solving and strategy, and come on, it's cool to brandish a magical sword. Or is that just me?

You see why I haven't had time to write or blog or do art or read or anything... bcs you know I'm on disc 1 of 2 and I have to kill the Red Queen and restore the balance in Wonderland, save the tortured and subjected people and finally return to my life, such as it is...

No comments: