Monday, October 6, 2008

Wedding! FLOWERS!


So this is my first attempt at an actual wedding bouquet, though I've been making many a bouquet over the years for vases... the pressure is a little more intense. It took me 3 hours roughly because the roses had actual thorns! and leaves! though no fragrance. Silly fakish flowers. But they held up well besides a little bruising of the white roses which are frickin finicky and the asters held up and it was all fantastic. The flowers cost $67 total at the LA Flower Market, with flowers to spare for a small cluster of white roses for the bride/grooms table and 3longstem bouquets for the mothers... wee. I think I achieved what I wanted- something simple, elegant, but also with an old fashioned/antiquish vibe... voila!

5 comments:

penelope said...

beautificent! what a talent my friend m is.

Kurt said...

Gorgeous. If I was capable of attracting a mate, I would totally hire you to do flowers.

ashley said...

Wowee! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - is there anything you can't do?

...Me, too, Kurt. Perhaps we should pair up? ;)

mendacious said...

you've clearly attracted US kurt. look no further.

ash- i can't make jewelry. ;P

Andria said...

magnificent!

I bet you could if you tried.