Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Spirits

I told mom that in order to ward off evil spirits one actually had to carve the pumpkin and not just stare at it to see how long it lasts. the very big pumpkin i was going to let her hold, and pet and feed treats to until it started moldering into the ground and a little under three weeks at that! I blame the hot weather. Because there's no way I picked a bad pumpkin. But anyway, I had little pumpkin left, and rallied the troops last night in a grand hurrah. I think it reflects perfectly my internal mood, and the recent book mom and I finished. All in all, it makes me just a tad more happy, to smell that pumpkiny smell, light a candle and watch him to do his job of protecting us from evil. Here's to Halloween!



9 comments:

penelope said...

I love that this look reflects your inner mood.

mendacious said...

totally unintentional by the way.

Anonymous said...

Watch out for Pumpkula...or Draculkin.

~sarah said...

my pumpkin got moldy and died! :( it was drying out and i wanted to preserve it so i wrapped it in wet paper towels. apparently the heat of the day made it moldy and my unobservence of the mold allowed it to fester for another day and then implode my perfect pumpkin. i am soooo distraught! :'(

penelope said...

Already?! Geez! Pumpkins can die so quickly with a little heat in the air. How sad.

Anonymous said...

It is so sad that the big pumpkin is racing to the compost heap. the little pumpkin really had to fight to be treated seriously.

Daniel Bruckner said...

All these jack o' lantern blog posts around here have filled me with pumpkin envy!!!

Daniel Bruckner said...

though I do derive some satisfaction out Sarah's pumpkin's ill fate!

But only a little.

Kurt said...

Love it! I have to secure a punkin soon.