Tuesday, December 11, 2007

M's 7x7

Hmm, clearly am intimidated by pen's fine list of random but i will try...

  1. i like cleaning my nails with drink straws... now that i have them. as an expression of total nervous energy i used to bite and tear at my nails to a hideous and destructive degree. When i was 19 i finally broke myself of the habit and have been looking longingly at my beautiful long nails ever since... straws are gentle to the nail and thorough cleaners. now if i can only do that with my fastfood habit.
  2. i also had a wart on the left inner elbow as a kid. i don't remember blood but only my obsessive need to have it gone and the actual weird and amazing texture of the wart itself, which left me fairly disgusted. i do NOT suggest googling wart and clicking images. it will make you ill. bcs i really had no idea what comprised a wart at all and now i really don't want to know anything about it.
  3. i learned to tie my shoes in kindergarten. it was a specific learning moment in which i remember a couple kids sitting on their desks and on the floor, in half-light- all trying to figure it out. at the time i probably knew there was a difference btw the bunny ear method and the loop method but over time i forgot and it seemed odd that not everyone tied their shoes using the bunny ear method. which i have since cultivated and never swayed from.
  4. i collect matches. or at least i used to: i have like a giant box in the closet full of them. and surprisingly inherited a small box of matches from my grandma too from hotels and restaurants around the world. i figured what with the anti-smoking thing they'll be obsolete soon and thus lends credence to them taking up so much space in my closet... until i make an art installation out of them. one day...
  5. having recently gone thru my yearbooks i can attest to the fact that they leave alot out but also, the things that you forget... for instance i was in a missions prayer club in 9th grade, that i might've not played volleyball in 11th grade? as previously thought. odd. or that i cut my 6th grade picture out of my yearbook? i don't know why. and what that guy wrote is still as dirty as i thought it was. also since we're on the subject i chose theatre over softball bcs of the mass levels of anxiety softball caused me. the anticipation of waiting for the ball to come to you, when to run... it was too much. but being on stage... bah. what was i thinking!?
  6. oddly one of the best gifts my mom ever gave me is my AAA membership. i really like it and it makes me smile when i remember that she bought it.
  7. i like putting potato chips on coldcut sandwiches. specifically roastbeef- my favorite assemblage would be wheat or sourdough, with light mustard/mayo, greenleaf lettuce, red onions, homegrown tomato, white cheese of somekind, salt/pepper, crunchy lays/ruffles... oh with a diet pepsi. i'm totally going to get lunch now...

i tag... todd, tarzaan, grainofsand, tom!!!, nosleeptricia, kara, amyt.

7 comments:

penelope said...

i will never google "wart." also a thing to never google: "giant hairball." i mean it.

love the list, you're fabulous.

Kurt said...

AAA is the best. Except I read that they have lobbyists lobbying for all kinds of evil car-centric laws. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I did what you said.

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering the other day about the phenomenon of putting chips on sandwiches. I've been thinking about trying it.

I saw it in 'American Gangster,'
and now your post just reminded me of it.

mendacious said...

g- its the perfect mix of crunchy saltyness and delicious sandwichness. maybe a decadence from childhood but it makes me giggle like it is.

Anonymous said...

my random will be posted in the next few minutes. : )

Anonymous said...

I don't remember learning to tie my shoes. I can tie my shoes so I must have learned.
Chips on sandwiches. I've never done but since I'm from Pittsburgh, french fries on salads or sandwiches is a norm for me ; ) Next time I have roast beef, I'll try the chips. When does your Food Network show start?