Monday, December 10, 2007

it's a really magical time in our lives

Temper: short.

Don't care anymore about things like: matching/right-side-out socks for myself or children. If the weather is acting fall or spring.

On the plus: almost snarfed a big cookie for breakfast, had cereal and apple instead.

Must stop: swearing in front of children in the middle of the night, considering gunplay as a plausible option.

Tomorrow will be a better day? Morning cookie exchange and writers/wine at night.

Making me ill: wastefulness. Of money, of products. I could make a list of things.

My toe: hurts.

Must also stop: picking at toenail.

3 comments:

Cue said...

Something I'm not blogging about, but wish I could without feeling guilty: the new job I took that involves watching a 2-month old in 24-hour shifts. As in, overnight. As in, I'm responsible for dealing with whatever happens between the hours of 1-6am which, stunning as it may seem, tends to be a lot. So I TOTALLY hear you about swearing at the children in the wee hours. Because, I'm sorry -- who the fuck is up at 3:30 in the morning?? Or, better -- WHY?? I just feel guilty for getting fed up at someone who's not even my kid. ...Which, PS, has led to an awful lot of cookies for breakfast, and a major Starbucks habit.

erin j said...

sorry about the night stuff... i watche most of the first season of the next top model-y type show in reruns when elijah was a wee one... but hey COOKIES tomorrow!!! YUM-freaking-O!!!!!! the swearing... ummm, not so much about the middle of the night for me...more like driving on our crazy roads. the weather sucks...not christmas-y...bad coastal weather... sorry your toe hurts...get hubby to kiss it ot make it feel better... i mean after all he got you in this position of up all-night-breastfeeding-never-ending-hungry-child...i always blame mine anyway...cookies tomorrow...gooooodddddd!

mendacious said...

poor toe.
suck it up! soldier.