Thursday, December 27, 2007

the day after christmas by m

The SVP ordered us all Pizza the day after Christmas. (It would save me a lot of calories if i remembered it simply doesn't digest well.) Anyway, the President said, oh, do you have a minute, come on in. We both thought that was odd. 5 min later the SVP walks out with a small sigh, shuts his office door, comes out with his bag, inquires how much the pizza was and leaves. Then the man with the very big title tells me condescendingly a day later after the company meeting, you see that's why we were all here. it makes sense now doesn't it. um, it made sense after the sigh. how young and stupid do you think i am. anyway, it's my last day. and apparently we are getting pizza AGAIN. because when people get divorced you get fun unhealthy food twice as often. but my question regardless of all their salaries is don't you have anything better to do than fire people the day after christmas... ? 5 people flew down here from the greatwhitenorth of minnasota and decided they had nothing better to do than fire people, not on friday, but on a wednesday... i'm sure that SVP will be okay and he'll get over it. regardless it seems a pretty shitty thing to do. but on my end despite a bleak entrance of joblessness the two VP's who weren't fired asked for my resume... so hey maybe they'll keep me in mind and i'll be again, one day commuting to LA... until then look forward to non-stop posts about my garden and my to do lists... bcs what else is there to do when you're jobless. but work. and think of work and find things to work at. bcs you're worried about not working.

10 comments:

penelope said...

firing people the day after Christmas=tacky + gross.

you'll find something soon, m!

Anonymous said...

I'm confused, he was fired for ordering pizza????

Anonymous said...

Augh!

Of couse the people from Minnesota surely must just die for an excuse to come to warm and cozy L.A. but jeeze.

Anonymous said...

At the place my friend used to work they told people right before Christmas they were going to lay off nine or so...and now they're all left hanging day to day.

They too got pizza today, and her brother (who also works there) got in trouble for making a joke about a last meal.

Kurt said...

You do get fired a lot, though.

mendacious said...

um, yah, but i'm not the one who got fired. i just saw someone get fired. it's totally different!

Anonymous said...

Er, M?

who is filing an UI claim?

penelope said...

omg, guys, leave m alone! you were only fired once over the past TWO years. no? or was it twice. anyway, that's not a bad overall percentage.

mendacious said...

twice over the past 3years. end of 05, mid 06... it was a rough patch no denying. plus i'm a contract employee. simply, my time was up at this place. and you have to add how many jobs over the years at this rate i've been able to keep. that's got to be averaged in also.

Cue said...

God, the day after Christmas... that's so shitty. So shitty, I am without words.

(As with much of my life re: employment, lately. So shitty, I am without words. Hence my blog.)