Friday, February 2, 2007

pre-spree

It's like, just 40 days until my 29th birthday (yay!), and it's not very often that I get to go nuts and just BUY MYSELF STUFF, so in preparation and pre-celebration, here is my tentative of list of pen purchases.

1. Pre-order Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to be delivered to my door July 21, 2007.

2. Replace favorite movies that I never watch anymore because they're VHS, and watching VHS is, like, so lame. I'm thinking I'll start with the 80s and toss in a few more if they're as cheap as I've seen them before: The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Real Genius, Better off Dead, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles... Maybe While You Were Sleeping and You've Got Mail. And Uncle Buck. And The Wedding Planner, even though I don't have the VHS, but it's always el cheapo at Target, and it'll be my birthday, so why not.

3. A new shower caddy, because it will make me calmer.

4. A shirt that fits. Or maybe two. Or three.

5. Grey's Anatomy Season 2? Hmmm, kinda pricey.

6. Some cushions for the dining room chairs. Jumbo-sized, with grippy bottoms instead of ties. I'm thinking taupe.

7. Ceramic snack-sized bowls from Pier1 or similar.

And and and...

By now, I have of course completely exceeded my allotted Birthday Budget, but whatever. In reality, purchases will most likely be limited to a handful of movies, a shirt, and the bowls. What is the point if you can't dream.

Hooray for birthdays! List subject to future revision.

1 comment:

Somebody's Mom said...

Wish lists are good. I hope that that you have a fantabulous birthday.