Saturday, February 17, 2007

Warm Weather

I'm sitting at my desk, scrubs is on in the BG. I'm wearing a burgandy tank top and some basic blue underwear. I sort of like the outfit, though minimal- the colors are perfect. Like I could be in a Dove or Jockey ad. I feel good about it, with my flipflops and grungy hair done up in a band. The air is warm out- over 80, and no ones home. It's an odd sort of quiet. Like I should have a purpose or something to do. It makes me want to leave the house and go on errands- but I think maybe I'll just wander outside, look around at the flowers and come back in. Maybe distractedly pick up a book or watch the Extras Season 1 dvd. Or just stare into space and dream about organizing our junk room. Maybe I could paint. . .

Maybe that's it- it's poised and expectant. And I'm uncomfortable with the lack of definition.

Like it was a full day over. Made more stepping stones, watered plants, watched pinky/brain2, had lunch, helped friend move couch, conversed, more diet pepsi, conversed... the day is full and why ruin it with something else.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A guy who works on our show was in Thursday's Scrubs. He was the one in jail with the dreds. The production coordinator sent everyone an email, so I actually remembered to watch.

Anonymous said...

I need to know if Extras is good! Please advise.

mendacious said...

totally totally GOOD. it's like the office in that there are some moments that youare cringing but the dying laughing parts are awesome... it is a great show- i'm only 3eps in but it's soooo worth it!!!

~sarah said...

thank you for the couch moving and conversation. i'm still laughing and shaking my head at your brilliant observation. life sure is funny sometimes!

Kurt said...

I know I'm out of touch, but have you seen Newsroom?

penelope said...

do tell kurt. do tell?!

Kurt said...

The Newsroom is an award winning Canadian television comedy series which ran on CBC Television in the 1996-1997, 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 seasons.

In the United States, The Newsroom airs on PBS stations across the country.

Set in the newsroom of a television station, the show mined a dark vein of comedy from the political machinations and the sheer incompetence of the people involved in producing the nightly news.

The original 13 episodes were meant as a short run.

mendacious said...

i will netflix them!