Friday, February 16, 2007

Dear Saturday Night Appletini,

Alas, but I cannot partake of you, and it is so sad, because I had such big plans. What to do without your fantastic electric green yumminess, not unlike a sour apple Jolly Rancher. Perhaps a glass of wine, a solitary beer, consumed at a slower-than-snail's pace? What a tease, what torture, to be within a good buzz's reach.

Not that I'm complaining, not really. Okay, maybe a little bit. But only because, how often do I purchase apple martini mix? Like, never. So close I was, and yet so far. See you next year, perhaps? In the meantime, there are friends, and the promise of another Bug.

Adieu for now--not quite sadly,
prego (yowza!) pen

8 comments:

~sarah said...

whoa! congrats!!! and, um, i'd be happy to take the appletini mix off your hands. : )

Megs said...

Yowza!! Congratulations, Pen!!

SW said...

i was so confused i had to read it twice. congratulations!! in the long run, another bug is better for you than one of those drinks anyways.

Anonymous said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

The one glass of wine thing is just such a tease.

Almost impossible.

Almost not worth it.

Almost.

hat said...

Maybe I've had too many appletinis, b/c it took me a while to figure this one out. Congrats, Pen!!

Somebody's Mom said...

Congratulations!

ashley said...

Hooray for more cute babies! Congrats! We all love more Bugs!

Andria said...

Congratulations! I think you win the prize for best announcement post. Very clever and under the radar for something so exciting!!!