Tuesday, November 14, 2006

speaking of retail...

But I'm so not trying to sell anything here. I DO NOT GET A CUT OF THE PROFITS! Think of this post more of a holiday shopping/gift-giving PSA, merely a compilation of Must List-type sites hit upon this morning and currently being drooled over by me, penelope.

*****

Ask.com Gift Finder: This is your gift finder, the search engine where you can sort by personality type (fun!), occasion, age, interests, etc. I've used a few gift-finders before, and although I especially like the Curiosities section on amazon.com, I have to say, I'm impressed.

Although for myself, I'm still puzzling, in an amused sort of way, whether I'm really "Domestic Diva." Since they have a TV/Pop Culture Fan "interest" section, I wonder why this can't transfer over to personality types? Although do I wish to be so pegged? But Bree Hodge/Martha Stewart I am not. (I swear.) Unless Bree Hodge watches Survivor and subscribes to EW.

*****

Uncommon Goods: One of those random, quirky sites with a little bit of weird-fun-everything, kind of like Rare Cargo or Blackbeard's Bryde downtown? Except you don't have to leave your house. Nice...

*****


Perpetual Kid!: My personal favorite. Just see for yourself. And know that you may shop for penelope here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, trying to comment with beta is killing me.

I also love Uncommon Goods. My bf's son got pee-pee tee-pees and sock monkey slippers for Xmas from me last year, courtesy of that fine establishment.

I will look forward to trying the other!

mendacious said...

ooo.

Somebody's Mom said...

Pen,
Thank you for the fun results of your research.

must stick to budget, must stick to budget, must stict to budget....
aughhhh

Karima said...

thank you - another fun stoking stuffer site is fredflare.com