Friday, November 3, 2006

random early-childhood memories

ages: unknown

  • Playing with my Weeble Wooble treehouse.
  • And other toys: cash register with big plastic coins and a return drawer, shopping cart full of plastic groceries, toaster with styrofoam toast.
  • Vaguely, being in the hospital once with croup. Received: Woodstock and Snoopy to keep me company.
  • Wandering idly through a basement store of fabrics.
  • Swallowing a button.
  • Playing Hide-and-Seek with the neighbor kids (or was it Tag?).
  • A balloon received at an ice-cream social or somesuch, tied to my yellow dresser and deflating over the course of a few days.
  • Taking flying leaps from the chair into the beanbag down in the den.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Random early-childhood memory: Standing under a table at the Post Office and hearing my mom talk about making tacos for dinner. (This has to be a false memory, but it won't leave my brain nonetheless.)

mendacious said...

i shall have to compose some fond early childhoodmemories post haste.

Somebody's Mom said...

I remember climbing out of my crib for the first time. It was fun to run and greet daddy who just came home.