Thursday, November 2, 2006

NANO

NANOWRIMO ... oh god. i don't know what made me think of it. i haven't seriously considered such a task since grad school, and yet there it is, willing me to do it- it must have been that old letter from my self, which in reflection almost made me cry. so i'm going to do it even if i fail horribly. i'd like to have some buddies to do it with though...just asking. the site is super sluggish, which shows my determination that i actually signed up for it... it's so silly i feel like i'm standing here in my underwear and the cat is watching me completely disinterested. . . but i won't delete the post. there it is, it's out there. no going back now.

user name = schu

5 comments:

Kurt said...

I gave up after waiting more than a minute.

Anonymous said...

Should I sign up even if I won't make it? 'Cause really, I started doing the math (yeah, yeah, kills the creativity). But anyway, I probably shouldn't be any more checked out at work than I already am sometimes...too often.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Count me in.

I signed up just the other day, but my frustration with the site had detered me. My analyst would say I was just looking for an excuse not to go through with it.

Oh, 'M,' I wish you would've said something sooner. Now we're two days behind and will have to blow at least another on an outline.

No matter, let them have their 39 million word head start. Mendacious, my friend, the world is a rabbit and we are the turtle! Now let's go become novelists!!!

Daniel Bruckner said...

You can look me up on there, I am Bruckner.

penelope said...

inspiring words, Bruckner.

i don't think i'll be writing any novels this year.