Wednesday, January 26, 2011

oh, yawn

It’s gray and drizzly and cold, a yuckadoodle world out there today. I anticipate a day or haphazardly attempting to squeeze in some article writing whilst feeling like I’m accomplishing nothing at all. Which is always vexing. My eye is twitching just thinking about it. Twitchtwitchtwitchtwitchtwitch.

But I fixed the mailbox flag! Not unlike Chevy Chase fixing the newel post. It was laying on the ground, sad and broken, dirty and sun-faded. I took it inside and scrubbed it, then marched back out to the mailbox with certain supplies in hand, first and foremost the formidable glue called E600. And a giant paperclip to hold it all in place overnight. I think (think) it even worked. Miraculous.

My madwoman cleaning spree has also continued. I mean I suppose it’s not a bad thing. I could have taken up meth or something. Drained funds and health and relationships. And teeth. Teeth could have fallen out of my head. Instead, I have shiny furniture and glass, and a coffee bean grinder that is considerably less cloudy. You may intervene when necessary.

Our ex-real estate agent finally let us break up with her. I mean honestly. At first she was all lalalaIcanthearyou! and I’ll just stop by the house and see if it really smells (it does but only a little with the windows closed) and take new pictures and basically do everything I should have been doing all along in a last-ditch effort to show that I’ve done my job, even though I haven’t really, because I have enough pride to not want to be fired but not actually do a good job all along and avoid being fired. It was like that. Basically a completely wasted four months. But I think St. Joseph needed a change and in fact might have been asking for one all along, so maybe the asshat agent who showed our house a few weeks ago was really a blessing in disguise. To shine a bright light of truth and exasperation onto our listing agent, who totally got in her parting shots in her exit email, in an attempt to make us feel insecure in our next relationship. True colors.

May the next listing teamofagents be what St. Joseph needs.

The Methodists! I haven’t been to a range of Methodist churches, but I assume there is a range. And if there is a range, I’d say the one I visited Sunday and have settled on falls on the more traditional or formal end of the spectrum? Well anyway, it’s a nice service. It is yet another historical church from the 1800s, with a circle of stained glass on the ceiling. The kids’ portion of the service emphasized that the Methodist God is a loving God and not a judgy God, which to me is very key. And the sermon about discipleship in 2011 resonated with me. I didn’t take the kids yet. Although the very next day I got a lovely email of welcome, along with a regular business email saying choir practice for kids is at 9:45AM. Which I think K.Lo will love. I hope. My biggest challenge I foresee will be N.Lo and making sure he is a happy little camper in the nursery for two hours without his taller twin.

But we’ll get to that in a few weeks. The challenges that lie ahead this week are meeting deadlines, renting a truck, packing a truck, signing a new listing teamofagents, de-doggifying the air and capping it off with some sushi and drinks.

xo -

penelope

3 comments:

almost anonymous said...

Clean things are way better than losing your teeth. Wanna fly out and tackle our house?

I'm glad that the church is promising and welcoming so far!

somebody's mom said...

I totally feel the twitch in my right eye, literally.


Church home Yeah!

Safe travels said...

Godspeed.