Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Words, Words, Words

Pen has admonished me lately for my complete and utter silence. And I can only blame all this traveling and going here and there that it doesn't seem like I've been jobless as much as unsettled, and so lacking traction have I been that in my freetime I watch copious amounts of Netflix and pick up projects that have been on my todo list for over a year instead of ones I should be doing-right-this-minute. One of them is my quilt which is now pieced together and waiting for the next phase. The 2nd is this masterpiece above. Selected emails dating from 2001 to the present day 2009. It's never been seen by anyone before, but I take satisfaction in knowing that it's on a shelf in my closet, now uptodate and that I've thought very heavily about who out of my friends could physically and mentally bear reading so much of me. Or that in all those words do any of them contain complaints about said friends? Possibly. And that posthumously they would chose to not hate me for said rash words and know how much I love them. But I digress- really this is just standing proof that the letter isn't dead or the art of conversation... it's alive and well in my hotmail folder and in the dark folds of my heart (closet). And now I can go back to procrastinating about other more or less important things.

Adios for now.
M.

7 comments:

penelope said...

Pretty awesome, a worthy project printing out all those words of yours.

I ASSUME there's nothing mean about me in there... :-P

Anonymous said...

Holy cow that's a lot of emails.

Pen, I send mean emails about you all the time, so some of them must have made it in there ;)

penelope said...

Eeek! :)

rc-d said...

the letter... dead...when did this happen? when was it resuscitated?

is its reincarnation as hotmail progression or regression toward epistolary nirvana?

Daniel Bruckner said...

WOW!!!!!

I hope hope hope I'm in there!!!

And I hope I'm in the black folder. It seems to be the one in best condition.

Roz said...

Wow!!

(Had to copy Bruckner)

I wonder if any of those
emails came for the Paramount
Pages days ....

Andria said...

I am fascinated and would love to have such a collection of my own - the cost and effort seem overwhelming, though.