Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Penelope, by M

To My Darling Penelope,

Happy Birthday. This is how I see you- full of mischief and good will and your spirit rising out of some mythical place to set the balance of the world right. Your Latin phrase is a homage from the gilmoregirls "In Omnia Paratus: Ready for anything." Because you and I are part of a society of friends that only we belong. And it is something in the adventure of our lives I hope we both have occasion to rise to. There's another secret phrase in the box for you to discover.

I hope this year for you burns bright and is rich with friends, adventure and an inner flourish and nourishing of your soul and spirit. And may we continue to discover all the good things about one another- weird things, funny things... things that make us real and not imaginary, and that 31 is welcome and treats you right.

With all my love,
Mendacious.

(Having only visited Pen's house after I made the box, I realized it was a little wild and youthful for her decor, a little chaotic, busy and bright- but to me its more of her interior world and behind it is her soothing exterior of calm and order- woods, muted tones, wine corks and clean parameters. I hope she likes it.)

4 comments:

penelope said...

Awww! I was going to be all... tear. because seriously! Yes, I love the shadow box, it is beyond awesomeness. But this template! It just makes me smile!! love you, m. Thanks for making me feel all kinds of special!

Anonymous said...

So cool! And happy birthday again :)

Andria said...

Beautiful! I love the template and the shadow box is really, really awesome. I was wondering when we might see one for Pen! Love the little babies and the colors and, yes. Good stuff.

~sarah said...

cool! i got to see it in it's earlier stages and i have to say, i LOVE it even more with the girl in it now! great job M! (and happy birthday again Pen!)