Thursday, March 5, 2009

Enclosed Spaces

dear you,
i'm reading this book about found letters and notes and eating little broccoli trees with hummus. we'll see how long this sort of good behavior lasts. i even took the dogs for a walk. is it too much to say also that i'm on the first part of leviticus, getting back to reading the bible all the way through because I miss it. and that i wish you could know this part of me. this church going, faith having part of me. or that you were here to take a walk up the hill with me or walk on my back because its sore.

behind all of the lists is the ticking of time too. the calendar. the physical days passing. not quite sure what productivity means or if i should disavow the word or if maybe being schooled in discipline is a better, surer thought? that's really what the ordering of the lists mean. that is why the lists started. discipline.
  1. read bible
  2. check email
  3. stay away from facebook
  4. walk dogs
  5. paint
  6. go on a hike?
  7. ?
  8. go see Das Rheinhold by Wagner... pack: burbon, nuts, cheese and chocolate for the 2.45 performance.
  9. stop being so good at wasting time

4 comments:

penelope said...

Perhaps better to avoid defining productivity and just be the thing itself?

Easier said than done, of course.

I like the rhythm of this post.

Anonymous said...

I'm only on my first day off, and I don't feel like I have enough time/motivation to do all I should. I think it's partly rollover from the frenetic office packing the last two days.

DSL is up (I think, mostly), so we can add tomorrow as an option for hiking if you want, too. Saturday I'm going to see Ed Begley, Jr. at the library if you want to come.

I should have just sent an email. But I'm too lazy to retype or copy/paste.

Andria said...

yay, I love the new header (sorry if I'm slow/just catching up - I tend to read the posts in email and not make my way over to the actual site as often)

Andria said...

And whilst I'm on it, can I also just add that I really like the color scheme, but I can't read the dark gray color on the black for the already clicked on links? The maroon is difficult, too, but I like it, so. . just saying. I'm old, and a pain, I know.