Thursday, January 29, 2009

wow i’m like so over it already

Have you guys ever heard of the tumblers getting all messed up in your car locks? Or maybe somebody squirted some slow-release epoxy in there? The passenger side has been bad for months, where you have to insert the key several times before the lock will turn, jiggle it, curse, pray, beg, and dance to get it to work properly. And recently, the driver’s side has been bad as well. Now, it’s really bad. The last two days, I’ve been challenged to Breathe Deeply and summon all sorts of Zen Energies while attempting to unlock my motherf&*%ing wonderful, reliable, and mostly functional vehicle that I’m entirely grateful to own. Such as this morning, in the rain, while holding: 3 jackets, a purse, a sippy cup, a backpack, a snack Tupperware, and a 25+-lb. N.Lo who doesn’t always hold on.

It was, um, frustrating.

Obviously, a trip to the Honda dealer is necessary at this juncture, but it doesn’t mean I’m not annoyed. Grrr.

3 comments:

~sarah said...

the tumblers got messed up on my IGNITION lock about a year or so ago. couldn't get the key to turn. apparently was a common bug on the ford focus. had to hit the key with a hammer to get it to lock in and turn and then drove it to the dealership. cost $400 to fix! boo. hopefully yours will be better, and covered by warranty or something. i mean, seriously, when it's shoddy craftsmanship, they really should just replace it for free.

penelope said...

They really should. I am absolutely dreading the bill for this one. :P

Anonymous said...

Ick. I think my roommate had to do either her locks or her ignition, but the most recent was that she had to replace the door handle (inside).

I've been treating my door handle more gently.

Hee. My verification is hoties. Must be referencing the previous posters, even if it can't spell ;)