Friday, January 16, 2009

Back on The, by M

I've been so good lately about blogging that it's like an itch not getting scratched. And the number one question besides, did you have a good time is, is it weird to be back? I did have a good time. It was some other life I was living. Definitely action/adventure. And this life so far, all 6 days of it since I've been back, is one long rest stop. With a few notations to "see friends". I got my severence check fedexed to me last night. It's too bad its not for some company I'd spent the last 10 years of my life at. As it was it was only 2 wks. But I've never got severence before and they're pretty standup for giving it to me. But I wake up, sit in front of the computer, stare at my to do list that has mostly to do with art projects and transferring credit card balances and wondering when exactly to fit my work out in to my other wise jampacked day... I'm sure one of those leisure routines is coming on. Around 1030, since it's so warm over here, go layout for an hour, read your book, the Patagonian Express, chuckle at all the insight he has about travelers being optimists and running into monologue talkers, go eat a snack, work on some art project, eat lunch, go work out, go back to your project, walk the dogs, put your feet up and watch tv. I can see the entirity of every day unfolding this way. It's not a bad life. It's just knowing its going to end soon as the physically ill inducing task of job hunting is in my future. But whatever. It's like not knowing the language of the country you're in. You're in a crowded bus terminal with giant bags of rice wizzing past your ear on their way up, and occassional woman with a basket of chickens on her head. It's warm. Dust is being kicked up by everyone who knows where they are going. It's a lot of them. And you're not sure which bus to pick. You want one to stand out. You want one to pick you. To call you over and convince you to jump in and wiggle past 8 backpackers and countless natives. But it's not time yet. So you shuffle back toward the shade. And eventually you make it back to your hostel, thinking yah maybe, I don't know, I guess I'll take a shower and go lay down.

I see by my list I'm on schedule for breakfast, maybe I'll add a trip to the bank, and worry about all that other stuff tomorrow.

2 comments:

penelope said...

It sounds like purgatory, this bus stop you speak of.

Anonymous said...

Poor dear.

You suffer so.