Thursday, January 8, 2009

one more. of course!

Did you really think I was done with the resolutions/Big Plans for 2009? Of course not! My mind’s like a sieve, if I had done what I usually do and wrote it all down ahead of time, you wouldn’t be subjected to my piecemeal posts. Maybe a resolution for next year?

  • Paint our bedroom! Gray. I have the exact shade in my mind, it’s on the light side, but not too light. Hopefully not Jailhouse Gray, which leads to an entirely different set of connotations. Right now it’s cream above the chair rail, sage green below, but that sage green is painted over the wallpaper. Martha Stewart would have a fit. It was a tacky fix that I settled on before we moved in, pressed for time, but unable to live with the blue swirly wallpaper of the former homeowner. So, chair rails will be refreshed with white, walls above and below will be gray. The room arrangement will stay the same, except the tall dresser will switch places with the hampers. And the hospital-like TV shelf will come down from the walls. It was useful, if odd, creation by the former homeowner… I appreciated it for a few years, but now it’s time to come down. TV will go on top of the dresser. K.Lo is already working on peeling that wallpaper. I kind of can’t wait to tackle this project, but will bide my time. Sometime this spring.

2 comments:

Andria said...

According to David Bromstad, gray is the most soothing color on the eye.
I say, peel that paper down and I'll help you paint when I get there in a few weeks!

penelope said...

You're nuts for wanting to help, but I love it!