Saturday, January 24, 2009

Elle est Morte, My KittyCat, by M

Aw, my sweet sweet cantankerous awesome cat ANIMAL died. She rather annoyingly disappeared sometime Friday night just like Meja did. And I noticed her immediate gaping absence the minute I got up in the morning. She had really aged in my absence. Gotten super skinny, more so than normal and wasn't grooming herself in the last week. And for some reason, with Calico's you can really tell- and grooming is always important for the shiny, sleek furred cats. She was at least 18 years old. That in itself blows me away. My albums begin in the autumn of 1992 and she looks at least a year or 2 old in the photo I have of her. And I remember her being happy that I had returned from my trip and she came to me and purred the minute i sat down and dropped my bags, and hung around me alot that whole week I was back, and I groomed her and loved her and then she was gone. It sort of kills me I think she hung around waiting for me to come back before she died. And to have been with me so long-

She loved grabbing icecubes out of cups and knocking over water. She was an excellent hunter of all manner of birds and whatever else. She liked to ride around on my shoulder and mewed at me like we understood each other. She was a pest and her territory was definitely hers and there's a giant Animal sized hole now that she's gone. Bye Kitty. I'll miss you.





4 comments:

penelope said...

Poor Animal. :( What a long life for a cat! And she was well-loved.

mendacious said...

yah a very long life. she was pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

She would trot through the house at night and make such a racket for a light weight cat and would meow as though wondering where every one went.

Niki said...

So sad. Losing pets is awful. Sending you many, many e-hugs.