Monday, December 1, 2008

post-traumatic pollyanna disorder

pollyannaI realize now what happened after quitting VZW, back in the day. Back when I was prego with K.Lo, throwing up all the time and weeping in corners at the misery of serving the NJ/NY Metro area to *fix* their cell phone issues. It was horrors. I think the day I threw up blood was the day that it no longer mattered I needed this job to pay the mortgage. Dear lord.

Anyway, after I quit about a thousand pounds was lifted off my shoulders and everything was like, peachy-keen. Uber-peachy-keen. For a really long time. A year plus. I mean sure I had my moods, but through the rest of the pregnancy and K.Lo’s first year, I was over the moon. I was all zen. Because I knew how much worse my daily existence could be. I was totally Pollyanna, and I could beat you at the Glad Game any day of the week.

Pollyanna is the Yin to my Inner Snark’s Yang. I embrace them both. For awhile, while suffering Post-Traumatic Pollyanna Disorder (PTPD), I lost sight of my Snark. And then it seemed the Snark returned, and I lost sight of my Pollyanna, a.k.a. Penelozen.

BUT: one can be endlessly grateful toward life’s gifts and remain a bitch. So easy for one to forget! Here’s to reclaiming my PTPD, minus the PT, and this time I promise not to lose the snark.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

self aware / good.


I learned how not to be a door mat and then found that it was hard to edit how I reacted to stressors (especially customer service people, sorry to all the CSR's I've growled at). I think I've got it down now (M, no really, I think, I've got it!). You are the role model for your progeny.

Kim said...

Penelozen sounds like a drug, and I want some.

mendacious said...

it's almost as good as penolin.

The Blonde Duck said...

LOL.. This is great. I think we've all felt this way!