Sunday, December 21, 2008

phone-phobe: reason #742

This morning while out running errands, I received three calls. Thankfully, I had left my phone at the house; although, I suppose if I had been able to pick up to begin with, I would have not have received these messages. (More or less. I’m trying to block them out):

Call #1: No one says anything. In the background, sounds like child crying?

Call #2: Daniel. [Lady sounds surly.] You have got to get back to me and let me know where you are. I have been calling all morning. Call me back.

Call #3: Daniel. If you don’t call be back in FIFTEEN MINUTES I am going to put him in the crib. Close the door, and walk down.the.road. I have no idea where you are, and why you are not calling me. You in the hospital or something? Let me know. *Click.*

 

Baby? Put in crib and just leave the house? What? What is happening here?

YIKES.

I hope Daniel, whoever he is, called her back.

7 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

It's complicated.

penelope said...

Get it together, man!

Anonymous said...

You might have a cosmic connection to these people. I would call the number and tell the woman that she has not been calling Daniel. He may very well be in the hospital.

Maybe she's your long lost twin or something. And then someday you'll tell the story of how you met. Yikes!

penelope said...

We called her. The whole missing father/abandoned baby thing was too much. She was... pretty embarrassed.

schu said...

that´´s awesome.

~sarah said...

you called her! spectacular! what did she have to say for herself?!

penelope said...

I made J.Lo do it. Well, he volunteered. She said she saw the number pop up as the one she had been calling accidentally and said, "Oh lord!" She apologized profusely. :)