Friday, November 28, 2008

i’m tired.

*Thanksgiving yesterday was lovely, really. I’m most proud of my job on the turkey, which came out so delish. An oven bag and a cup of apple juice poured over the top of the bird is all you need, my friends. You don’t taste the apple, it just saves you from basting.

*I am most grateful for lots of things.

*Christmas shopping is mostly done. I didn’t do any today (yikes), although I keep going back to the Black Friday deals on Amazon and wondering if there’s something I missed. Can’t find anything, but I like the ability to peruse aimlessly in the comfort of my own home, as opposed to going out and trampling a Wal-Mart worker to death. Ugh. I want to throw up just thinking about that.

*I still have a 4th blog… but I changed the address, and don’t expect me to update it much, if you can find it. I’m telling myself as much as you. I just don’t have the will, the brain power, the whatever-it-takes. Time. Luckily, I doubt anyone much cares.

*Still reading 2 or 3 books and keeping up with all sorts of feeds and other-type articles that I never used to read (the ones I was all trying to share on the 4th blog). My brain is filling up fast. It takes time to mull, but before you can even do so properly, everything changes again. Wonder sometimes if I would have done better in a slower-paced culture and/or century.

*J.Lo is ripping apart our piece-of-crap deck. No bodies discovered yet underneath, but I’ll keep you posted. In the spring, we’ll replace said crap-deck with a lower deck, which should really open up the yard.

*I’ve been feeling sorry for the dogs lately, because they have devolved into food scrounges, and I’m thinking despite their cushy existence, we probably don’t play with them enough anymore. It makes me sad, but it also makes me feel *stretched.* I think about my day and sometimes feel like I’ve got nothing left to fucking give. Poor dogs. We will make the effort, dammit, and hope that the added attention will be the solution to their maddening behavior.

*On tap this weekend: B-day party for 1-yr-old neighbor (extremely cute), Christmas decorating?! maybe next weekend, working some more hours and hoping it’s enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we say "over-acheiver"?