Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Ordeals.

Okay, that was one. Just changing the look. It doesn't help that my neck is just feeling better enough to feel consistently sore- if that makes sense, it's more ambiant pain. IN need of more advil. I think I got cocky. I moved left to right too much. Damn my hubris. I'm sorry I had to waste such a word on neck pain. Fuckin' Hubris! It reminds me of using the word Acumen, just yesterday- although then it was completely warranted, and in context, and having nothing at all to do with accounting or musicals.

Random Events:

+While describing an event at the directors house I mind-panicked: It went something like, Oh my god, this better be going somewhere. Is this going somewhere? Oh my god. What am I doing with my life- at the time it involved the chihuahua and its 7th birthday. IF I had a more surreal life it might've also included a small party hat and streamers. But sadly, no.

+While innocently nibbling on an highly addictive biscotti the director said, don't tell anyone I said that. I laughed. He said, I think we should get around to uh, a, confidentiality clause- agreement. I laughed. I said, wouldn't that mean I don't get to blog about you...? I mind panicked: It went something like, Oh my god, this better be going somewhere. Is this going somewhere? Oh. My. God. What am I doing with my life- at the time it involved the director and a tasty biscotti. IF I had a less surreal life it wouldn't have involved a motion senser triggered in the directors house, me checking it out, only to hop the fence and run into the cops. I'm his assistant I said. They blinked. Should I call him?

+The naked lady was in the 24fitness locker room. At the beginning of my workout she was leaning against a counter clipping coupons. I'm not joking. By the end of my workout she was butt-naked, facing the mirror and talking on the phone, leaning on the same counter, in the same position. I thought: Did I miss something?

+Besides that the Fog has asserted itself more thick and powerful than ever. I feel completely disconnected to the world around me. Not that I want to be connected to the cheeky coupon lady, but maybe something besides the crick in my neck or the inevitable question of lonliness.

Upandcoming: A photo series on the fog.

4 comments:

SW said...

Karen, come out of the fog. It's time. It's sunny out.

Danica said...

Naked coupon ladies?! That's disgusting. She's getting body funk on the counter. I hope they scrub their counters at 24 Hour Fitness.

Anonymous said...

I like the change, but then again I change the desktop picture on my computer once a week.

I think if you sign a confidentiality clause you should sign a pay contract :)

Don't get lost in the fog. Come walk the dog with me, or something.

mendacious said...

you know SH, fogs don't work that way. but as a consolation i will say that it's not a dark fog- there are some misty breaks of light. mostly though its dense cloud... if i remember i'll enclose a depressing poem from when i was in 12th grade. i was in more of a pit then, so one should look at this as progress. ; )