Saturday, October 8, 2005

Adopt



I thought about waiting to post until the fog photos were done but eh, why... Today we shot a bunch of kids in need of adoption over by the RoseBowl. Things I had to get: 2 way mirror, c-stand. Did we use either? NO. The 2way mirror was not a big deal except that I ended up chipping it- yah, I didn't load the frame right so when i went to rest it, it fell out of the frame, and chipped- 1" from the padded bottom. I don't get it. I felt really bad and everyone I said that to, was well- that's what we have insurance for. Bah. The c-stand I had to meet someone at the Ritz-Carlton Pasadena for. Let me tell you, that place- wow. I wish rich people dressed with the class that met the scenery- it's a wedding planners dream location. Divine. Nevertheless I was meeting up with transport that was shooting another promo there and I didn't know they had a seperate entrance, so I valeted my car, and trapesed through 2 cityblocks to finally find them- only to have to trapese back out holding a c-stand with visions of me gouging panels and knocking over crystal vases. Then the valet says, that'll be 12 dollars. Riiiight.

Then it was the shoot- and all these cute kids cracked my cynical heart- sure I sometimes wish I didn't have a family because most of my childhood I loathed them anyway but then i kept wondering how that would really play out in my life- what would the photos of my life look like- there is something to be said for a constant...

We capped it off at a bakery and I had the freshest, bestest scone and a chai tea... then to Senor Fish in Eagle Rock. The DP had it right, if we could have an hour shoot all the time and then hang out the rest of the day this industry would be perfect.

Peace.

No comments: