Thursday, October 6, 2005

Letter to Evil Power Company

(I lied about dinner--since I used the MAGICAL CROCKPOT! it wasn't really ruined. But I thought that would have a greater impact than whining about missing Lost, which was the real issue at hand.)

I recently moved within the city of W, and at my old address rarely, if ever, had any issues with power outages. Now in my new neighborhood, King's Grant, the power seems to go out whenever the wind blows the wrong way. While I can understand why the power went out during Hurricane Ophelia, I cannot understand why it went out for so early and for so long (7 am Wednesday through 6 pm Thursday). I had to replace an entire refrigerator and freezer full of food. Last night, Oct 5, it was raining and mildly windy--no lightning, and for some reason I just knew the power would go out. I find it ridiculous that this new neighborhood is so extremely sensitive to fluctuations in weather. The repair took 3 hours, and dinner was ruined. This situation is aggravating to face for both my husband and myself after a long day at work, and I'm sure the rest of the neighborhood feels the same way. With impending thunderstorms forecasted over the next several days, I have little confidence that our power will remain unaffected. With $150 to $200 bills at this new address, I expect the service to be reliable and strong. Obviously as a major utility, your company has a veritable monopoly on service within the area; however, if there was a choice, know that I would change service in a heartbeat. The situation is absurd, and it is more than frustrating to speak with others who subscribe to the same service and have few or no issues with their power during the same set of circumstances. Thank you for your time.

P.S. If anyone out there happened to have taped Lost, this is my desperate plea. Send Penelope a copy!

No comments: