Saturday, July 2, 2005

Sugar, Sugar...

Today I was going to write about the June Beetle- pretty cool harbingers of rotting fruit, the end of fruit season and so on but since we did have such a poor harvest there wont be any in our yard this year. the horror. i know.

Instead I'll comment briefly on how freaky (oh yes.) it is that we're now in July. Sure I may be aghast at times passage frequently, as in every year, but really, this is all just too much. whatever. I'm boring myself with the thought of time. It's redundant isn't it to be constantly surprised by something and then don't you just say, oh get over it? Time is time. That's obviously why I'm not a philosopher.

And on a side note I'm using this fancy tangerine scrub that has sugar as exfoliant. I imagine at any moment i'll be swarmed by hummingbirds. At least if I find sugar granuals that i haven't managed to scrub off I can lick myself clean. Currently I'm on the phone with American Red Cross. Feel free to re-read my story of Jan 16th of 2005 about the wonders of blood donating... I am however resistant to donating blood again, but it is perhaps that I am being childish and cranky. Do read the post and I'll tell you why later. It does save lives you know. A woman I know had to reschedule a surgery bcs they didn't have enough of her bloodtype available at the hospital. Food for thought. Ew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am at this moment eating a Wahoo's fish taco meal I got for free curtesy of my 2 hour blood donation adventure last Saturday. (Eating very carefully so as not to drop rice, lettuce, salsa, or other fun things on my keyboard.)

It was a good way to end my trek to the mall. (I hate paying full price for clothes even more than I hate shopping, so off to the 4th of July sales I went.)

I recently got an e-mail that if you donate blood in July you get a free ticket to Knott's Soak City and something else. I don't remember what, since I don't qualify again until August. It seemed a little more extensive than a Wahoo's combo meal, but then again I actually got that and the chances are slim I would go to Soak City.

But still. Donating blood is a good thing.

Somebody's Mom said...

Somebody's Dad and I are going to donate on Saturday July 9th. soo the volunteer phoned and I said... sure sign the two of us up for Saturday. He nearly dropped his phone, he was so suprised. I think he gets a lot of rejection, duh.