Wednesday, July 13, 2005

amazing

perhaps i'm employing hyperbole. when am i going to be able to use that in a sentence, even if the meaning isn't correct (which it's not)... but it's not exactly amazing is it.

But anyway- I'm sleepy. Probably from dreaming of being in a gigantic warehouse of crap, not literally, but imagine great-aunt millie's garage sale and then merge that with the sort of work and hazard conditions of hauling fish off the coast of alaska and you have my dream. i don't know why i needed to work there but escape was somehow imminent. i actually had to share my bed with 3 other people. i slept on the end, after trying to get out of it by sleeping on the floor but my "superviser" wouldn't have it. i kept looking for things i would want to take and i knew it was only a matter of time- the the thing that struck me most was the impossibility of the job- it was endless. it didn't seem there would ever be an end to sorting. I have to say my dream the night before was waaaay better. I was a Victorian lady and i was strolling about gardens, falling asleep in soft cushy grass in the dappled light of the late day- and also curiously, walking through shops- like odd gift shops and one carpet and fabric shop... what exactly is my sub-conscious trying to tell me. I might have been looking for someone then too- not quite like escape but close.

In other news of the tragic: Satellite tv is OUT in my room.
Actual common place tragedy: My 'mouse' died without explanation or even a swan song 4 days ago. My dad, who is remiss at being my 'tech' support grumbled , and gave me his, giving him an excuse to buy a fancy wireless one... so this morning my cat marley (featured in the 'corners of the garden' pic) decided to rub up against my vase of dahlias and knock it over, all over the new 'mouse' causing it to malfunction- and cease to actually be of use. i tried to pry it open but apparently manufactuers don't think you should be able to do anything and should instead, spend another $25 to relace it. Luckily as it turns out, we had a spare one- but the tally of the day is Cat 1, Mouse O- it's hanging up to dry, but we can't promise you anything.

Levity: Sarah's blog, which she should totally make "public" by the way elevated my jobless spirits. I should probably read it again, as they seem to be sinking... there were tons of little clams at the beach, brightly colored and inching their way into the sand. pretty cool. who knew clams could move so fast. there was a guy in the water, sort of snorkeling and i kept glancing over as if he was a dead body- he was just collecting shells though and i wondered if i wanted to see anything in there that clearly. perhaps i did.

No comments: