Tuesday, July 19, 2005

applause please

que: polite golf clap.
ready: i have a job : go.
yes:yes:yes: i do. sure it's sporadic and uncertain but it has promise.

I'm a "director's assistant" to a friend (tier 4) ie. new, moving from sphere of aquintance to more fully aquianted. Thanks to complaining non-stop to my friends (tier 2/3) that i was jobless, 2 of them, a coupled duo, recommended me and in a matter of a day I am now prospectfully employed. Part-time with a dash of industry vagueness ie. when his projects dry up mine do too. It's sort of like that vine analogy in the bible- hold on, i'll get it. (I'm being attacked by a click bug. A price for having an open window and no screen): "No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." I won't get crazy with the analogy but you get my point. Maybe that's the importance of community too. Hmm. Let's not be wild in our assertions. Now conversely, when his prospects rise mine will too, paycheck, hours, and possible glances at long hours, and trips to covina to pick up dry cleaning or something...

So tomorrow I'm going to go have "coffee" and pick up the key to the office. I feel mad with power. I must remember to tell him my two weaknesses: whining and sarcasm. Okay, they're not exactly weaknesses, but they're powerful and not everyone get's the joke... all sorts of things go wrong in farces, and it never goes well for the one telling the joke in those circumstances. Pies in the face, seltzer, and what not.

Mental noted.

Completely unrelated- I pinched the skin in my finger and a little pool of blood was left. It was there for a couple of weeks and yesterday i scratched at it, like you would a scab, and the skin flaked away and i removed the little disc of dried blood, and stared at the hole it came from. Weird. What's up with that? I should've saved the disc like i did my wisdom teeth...

Alright, I'm off to floss!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job DK! that's so cool! i guess you'll remain in the US a bit longer, eh? : )

oh, and i'm seriously mulling over making my blog public. i'm very close. i'm just too lazy to go back through all my posts and click the little "public" bubble. also, i'm afraid of crazies on the net finding out i really do exist.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Sounds like a cool job to me. You'll have to pass along any useful learning you acquire as a director's assistant. That's one of the few assistant jobs that actually interests me.

Somebody's Mom said...

God willing and if the creek don't rise. Ah.
Like a spritz from a water bottle on a hot day. Pay checks.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Holy shit!