Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Tuesday is the new Monday

And I hate it. Last week, and even the week before I was having these amazing energy surges, and I was all like, wow, yeehaw, this is my True Personality, aren't I fancy? And now this week, I am all surly and snappish and fending off depressiveness even though MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW. And part of my is like, I'm old. But most of me is like, Birthdays! I love birthdays! I plan to take Friday off and watch Ferris Bueller, an old college tradition.

But the mood is dark. Despite all the lucky things happening and all the great mail (among other things: fuzzy plants, photo albums, mad money to spend at the Gap!). What does it take, then? Truly it must all be hormones.

But then that makes me annoyed, just thinking that it is one little thing throwing things off and there's nothing I can do about it.

On the other hand, considering that Life Circumstances are currently good, that means that it is not, as previously hypothesized in my little depressive brain, the materialistic things in life that found my happiness, because if that were so, then I would be happy in the most black-and-white sense.

On the other hand, this new conclusion may in fact throw more power back into the Hormone Court, which is most irksome.

I suppose all one can do is say screw it all, I'm going on a mental vacation no matter where I might physically be, check you later, my mind is in Tahiti. Or at home, wearing pajamas, and watching reality TV.

No comments: