Friday, March 4, 2005

Day 4

This week is an interesting week in the Realm of Experimentation because I have been trying actively to turn off certain emotional responses to stress, particularly at work. It is Day 4, and though I'm not quite in the upbeat mood that was Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I don't feel so bad, either. There have been no more pins-and-needles-type headaches like I had been having for the past month or so. When I'm home I am chill and if I start to think about work I just tell myself, no, no, no. Don't do that. It is not worth it to worry about such-and-such client and whether or not they received their results in time like I promised. It is not worth it to dream about training on new programs just because the monotony has seeped into my consciousness. Who does that? If I sound stupid on the phone, what does it matter, for I am doing my job to the Best of my ability, and if I have no idea what the answer to the client's question, then it is the results of bad training, and not my own slackerness. Because I am not slack. I don't wish to be slack. However, I don't wish to be more tightly wound than a nerve-wracked spring over anything, much less a job that pays in Bagel Fridays.

So I am hoping that nerve-wracked springdom is not my default mode. We shall see. So far I'm feeling good and I have Stuff in the Works outside of here that's psyching me up. Projects, I've got Projects. Things that make me Me outside of here. Something to talk about other than the horror of being paid in Bagel Fridays. That's right. And I haven't even been thinking about Money, Evil Money, either, because that all comes out in the wash. Seriously. That is the new philosophy. Maybe I'm taking on too much at once. But guess what it's Thursday and that means SURVIVOR is on. And THE OC. And THE APPRENTICE. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: