Everything’s been a jumble in my mind, so here are lists ~
good things in March
- garden creation!
- green beer!
- possible camping?
- road trip!
- to Athens!
- to see Ash and Andi!
- and The Head and the Heart!
- and The Hunger Games!
- and let’s not forget spring
- and the fact that February is OVER.
- the magnetic primer paint, which was expensive, oil-based, toxin-filled, messy, ugly, reeking, and did not even work
- it’s taking too long to read my book really
- I haven’t done anything to prepare for that upcoming consignment sale and see it sailing on by
- tax return errors
- my entire relationship with writing
- necessary appointments for tax return amendments
- children that say whinily, “I don’t want to plaaaaaay.”
- Parenthood is over for the season already
- how does that guy on Survivor keep his hair all spiky without product
- two new game apps: scramble with friends and word whirl – one I can’t ever win and the other I spend too much time on
- am too easily derailed away from a life with comfortable margins
- it takes very much energy to keep up with two kids, two dogs and a husband and sometimes I do not have said energy. and then things crumble. and then I feel even more derailed.
- I don’t understand “consistent” personalities. I am moody and fiery and then calm and really anything but. as far as consistency.
things I like
- budding trees
- emerging tulip magnolias
- coffee, lots of it
- texas pete and other spicy condiments
- an evening glass of wine like the girls drink on Mike & Molly (full. very full.)
- the multigrain bagel at starbucks, warmed and with cream cheese
- lenten reading plan
- strawberries that look fresh, not old. that’s nice.
- ANTM British Invasion ~ #anglophile
- FB threads detailing car accidents, death of a long-ago friend’s child, and the ensuing drama over who is at fault. gutwrenching, all of it.
things I am proud of
- less than 2 skeins to go on the 2006 Afghan
- not actually losing my shit about the magnet paint, in spite of aforementioned loathing
- the yellow paint over the horrible/nonfunctioning magnet wall
- my idea for a magnet white board w/ black frame instead
- my children singing, playing, participating and more with no reservations, at church
- k.lo for being k.lo and the recent school feedback that says “a joy to teach,” “enthusiastic learner” and “top of her class”
- sticking to budgets/shopping lists
- perhaps I’ll also learn to knit.