Thursday, March 1, 2012

things

Everything’s been a jumble in my mind, so here are lists ~

good things in March

  • birthday!
  • garden creation!
  • green beer!
  • possible camping?
  • road trip!
  • to Athens!
  • to see Ash and Andi!
  • and The Head and the Heart!
  • and The Hunger Games!
  • and let’s not forget spring
  • and the fact that February is OVER.

vexing things

  • the magnetic primer paint, which was expensive, oil-based, toxin-filled, messy, ugly, reeking, and did not even work
  • it’s taking too long to read my book really
  • I haven’t done anything to prepare for that upcoming consignment sale and see it sailing on by
  • tax return errors
  • my entire relationship with writing
  • necessary appointments for tax return amendments
  • children that say whinily, “I don’t want to plaaaaaay.”
  • Parenthood is over for the season already
  • how does that guy on Survivor keep his hair all spiky without product
  • two new game apps: scramble with friends and word whirl – one I can’t ever win and the other I spend too much time on
  • am too easily derailed away from a life with comfortable margins
  • it takes very much energy to keep up with two kids, two dogs and a husband and sometimes I do not have said energy. and then things crumble. and then I feel even more derailed.
  • I don’t understand “consistent” personalities. I am moody and fiery and then calm and really anything but. as far as consistency.

things I like

  • budding trees
  • emerging tulip magnolias
  • coffee, lots of it
  • texas pete and other spicy condiments
  • an evening glass of wine like the girls drink on Mike & Molly (full. very full.)
  • the multigrain bagel at starbucks, warmed and with cream cheese
  • lenten reading plan
  • hiking
  • strawberries that look fresh, not old. that’s nice.
  • ANTM British Invasion ~ #anglophile
  • Muppets.

disheartening things.

  • FB threads detailing car accidents, death of a long-ago friend’s child, and the ensuing drama over who is at fault. gutwrenching, all of it.

things I am proud of

  • less than 2 skeins to go on the 2006 Afghan
  • not actually losing my shit about the magnet paint, in spite of aforementioned loathing
  • the yellow paint over the horrible/nonfunctioning magnet wall
  • my idea for a magnet white board w/ black frame instead
  • my children singing, playing, participating and more with no reservations, at church
  • k.lo for being k.lo and the recent school feedback that says “a joy to teach,” “enthusiastic learner” and “top of her class”
  • sticking to budgets/shopping lists
  • perhaps I’ll also learn to knit.

 

 

2 comments:

somebody's mom said...

Garden! What's on the list to plant? grrr to the vexing and rah! to yellow replacing the flop.

almost anonymous said...

Lame-o paint makes me sad.