Friday, December 4, 2009

Dear Penelope,

Remember when we used to write stories? And things like pervasive mold and can openers would work their way into deft fictional accounts of awesomeness. One day we'll get back there. I don't want to wax too nostalgic when I'm busy watching Dwight beat the computer but still. I'm encouraged sometimes by the eccentricities of our lives. And that even these small records will bring us back. The thread doesn't need to be but a very thin line. And lets not talk about scrubs2.0. ugh.

Today I made it to yoga and the woman asked me if I'd done it before, with sort of the tone like, a lot or? and oh, you do look familiar so I won't demand proof but, and then I got all competitive which usually doesn't happen to me in yoga but today I was all, oh yah that's right i can do yoga. booyah! 8 years and counting... And I always think oh, I'm newish to class and she wants to make sure, and then inevitably, and I think this every single time I go- I am a thin person trapped in a fat body as I watch the flesh shift this way and that like an alien invader and then I think, why don't fat people yoga. I mean I sort of know why and I suppose if I didn't think I was a thin person trapped in a fat body and really flexible I wouldn't yoga either. Though apparently there are clubs like Mega Yoga in NY and Heavyweight Yoga in Houston if ever i find myself there and want to be among my own kind and does reinforce my hypothesis that everyone should do yoga, and that I'm really lazy for even thinking what i'm doing is easy when there's struggle everytime even if it gets easier. There was also a sort of a pudgy middle aged dude and a partially flexible old guy... but anyway I digress. I'm getting better and stronger and the scale isn't tilting back up yet so there's that. And by 40 i do want to be able to do upward bowpose and a handstand. So goals do abound.

After that I went to CVS bcs the line was too long at togos. They had this revlon buy1/get1free so in rare form I actually bought 2lipgloss/2eyeshadow-blue/dark green, and some sunflower seeds. Naturally I did succumb to a pint of ben/jerrys but conversely I bought a salad. Balance right? And then I had the nerve to pay my bills for a month and started back sliding mentally. Maybe I knew, hence the calorically laden ice cream in advance of myself. I then took the dog for a walk and tried not to remember that I calculated how little progress the little redline went down on the thermostat.

That's my day in a hallmark. Tomorrow I job search?

2 comments:

~sarah said...

Happy 1 year of unemployment, btw! Drinks?

mendacious said...

thanks sarah!
i will have to think of some sort of toasting/prayer combo tonight. at the homestoreliquer cabinet.