Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wilbur, I'm a little confused about laburrrr


Today is Tuesday, and a) I needed confirmation from Bob Townsend, our friendly local newsman, on this ("Good Tuesday Morning to you") and b) this means it will be Day 3 of me sitting around and pondering the question of "true" vs. "false" labor. I've read so many Internet and book articles on the topic that my eyes are bleeding. They all say the same thing, nothing earth-shattering, and in the back of my distorted mind I'm vaguely aware that this behavior is unproductive in virtually every way except to drive me insane-o. Last week I was able to recognize this fact in a more lucid way, and made the Official Decision to do Other Things that were both productive and distracting, and made time pass a lot faster. But I'm done with Sex & the City, so now what do I do. And, since Sunday morning, I've actually been having contractions consistent enough to make everything else look boring. The problem is that the contractions aren't particularly exciting either, so instead of enjoying the excuse to lay around and watch "Made" reruns and girl movies, I can't make a commitment lasting more than 10 minutes. Today the contractions are stronger than yesterday's, which were stronger than the day before. But, what does it all MEAN. I'm waiting for the ones that stop me in my tracks, the ones that actually give me...pause. Bring it on, bitches. That, and an epidural, and we are good to go.

1 comment:

Somebody's Mom said...

All in good time. In the week before my daughter was born I took the back door off it's hinges and stripped the old paint off and also stripped the old paint off of a rocking chair. Was that the "nesting" effect or just the result of me being so uncomfortable that sitting, laying not pleasant...
Let us know when you start scrubbing the walls or repainting the kitchen.