Saturday, January 21, 2006

What we really want is CORN DOGS.

My most favorite corn dogs are from Hot Dog On A Stick. And I hope for all of your sakes that these are available in malls everywhere and not just in Cali. Their crisp battered shell. So tasty. Their prices have gone up unfavorably however. Just the mention of having a combo meal will bring your cash contribution to over $6. But the corn dog is worth it. On my last trip I totally forsook it and i regret it. With all this talk of corn dogs I almost feel compelled to drive the 12 min to Glendale to get my very own stick of tastiness. When i was young i ate lots of sticks- sticks from the center of a tootsie pop, blow pop, pixie stick wrappers sans plastic coating, sugar daddy sticks- i find that the composition of such things have become sturdier- and whether the extra roughage is healthier or not, i can't say. Perhaps you can blame my rampant oral fixations- if I had the DSMV4 I would totally quote from the section but alas. Yes, i would just chew on it down to the nub. And sometimes in an effort to be thourough, I would consume the entire stick in all its strange deliciousness. When I was three or I'm not sure what age but I would bite entirely through Golden Books and eat shocks of paper, and apparently Marie Callendar dinner napkins. Maybe, as might be guessed, i was either a very normal child, a very strange child, or just suffering from a common mineral deficiency.

But how do i love corn dogs- after a day of trudging the mall, would sit down for a snack of corn dog sensations, before the heyday of creditcard transactions and a world buffet made to your order... it was a simpler, quieter time, and one that we must all pay homage to onceinawhile- with an even distribution of ketchup and mustard.

5 comments:

Kurt said...

CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD CORN DOGS WITH MUSTARD

Anonymous said...

Last Sunday on Grey's Anatomy (yes, I was watching that instead of my own show...but I've already seen my own show in how many different phases?) there was a guy who got mercury poisoning, or something, from eating his novel. I think it was mercury in the paper, and not from the ink.

Still, one would assume that candy companies do not use high-mercury paper in their wrappings. Child safe and all. And it's not like you consumed a novel's worth of sticks and wrappers. Although it might explain some things, since one of his symptoms was his weird behavior. :) KIDDING!

The only part of the corn dog I ever ate was the bread. But then I guess it's just fried batter and not a corn dog. Because I'm weird and I don't eat hot dogs. Just like I'm not in love with In and Out Burgers...but I didn't grow up in California, so that's fair. And totally off the subject.

At the state fair by my parents' house they started frying all kinds of things. Snickers, onions, fruit (strawberries if I remember right), and even Twinkies. I was gone by the time that happened though, so I haven't tried any. Well, except for the onion blossoms. They've been around a while.

Anonymous said...

Dear "almost anonymous"
Pardon my shock: don't like In n Out? gasp.
I'm breathing again.... it's ok really.
You can get cheese sticks fried in batter at the Hot dog on a
Stick booth. the corn bread coating is yummy.

SW said...

I saw that episode of Grey's Anatomy,and let me just say, I love that show. I'm a bit sad I missed tonight's episode. But, thank goodness for that show, without which we would not have just a little bit more of Sunday nights to savor before returning to the dreaded Mondays filled with work, woes, and mayhem.

penelope said...

We did it, yaaaaay! One ad for Corndogs, and another for cornbread. Which isn't as cool, but it's something. Words have POWER, y'all.

I heart Grey's Anatomy, too. A show that makes me root for an affair (i.e. Meredith and McDreamy)... that is a rare thing. And yet I'm still rooting for Addison, too. How is this possible?