Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Okay I'm calm(er) again


I went to the doctor just to set my spazzy mind at ease about the whole contractions/are they/aren't they real thing, and (obviously) they sent me home, so I'm now regrouping. I am pleased to say that the bitchy receptionist of last week's blog-lore was not there today, so I instead was checked out by the posse of big-haired ladies instead, and even though they have ginormous hairdos, at least they are pleasant. Also, I've discovered that "contractions" is a magic word at the OB/GYN office. I've never been sent through so quickly. (Sweet.)

Inspired by mendacious, I think I'll create my own to-do list:
1) Find recipe for cubed steak, which will be tonight's dinner, along with rice and some sort of veggie.
2) Quit eating chocolate chip cookies, graduate to yogurt, or grapes, or something remotely healthy. Maybe ice cream (calcium).
3) Look forward to SCRUBS, lament that Gilmore's a repeat. Also, lament that soon the Olympics will be on, which means no new eps of Scrubs, Earl, the Office...sigh. BUT, Survivor starts Feb 2, so this is good.
4) Spruce up the plainer Bender Mania designs with illegal clipart, hope someone purchases products.
5) Stare listlessly.
6) Aspire to drink water, but drink Sprite, caffeine-free diet coke, and Gatorade (in exciting new "Rain" flavor) instead.
7) Watch the latest episode of "Martha," which I have set to DVR on TLC later. Then, ponder the fact that I am not only watching "Martha" but DVRing it as well. Martha Stewart is like, the devil. I've believed this to be true for years. But she's going to be talking about storage containers today, and I just can't help myself.
8) Possibly finish watching one of the several movies I've started and then fell asleep to over the past few weeks: Lost in Translation, Shall we Dance (Japanese version--am I up for subtitles? It's a bit much), Monster-in-Law, Mean Girls, Something's Gotta Give.
9) Watch the latest ep of Guantlet 2, ponder as I do every single week how and why I continue to watch this show, considering that I hate every single person on it. Especially (this season) Beth the Blue Eyeshadowed Cow. And Jody the Skank Ho. And even Idiot Ace. And after today, probably Cara who's Hot but Apparently Freaks Out Just Like all the Other Assholes on this Show, too.
10) Shop online for something I don't have enough money to buy, place item in virtual cart, and close window after approximately 1 hour of pretending I'm going to actually own this item.
11) Pretend contractions don't exist. Unless, of course, they do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,wenner ya havin thatther baby?

dd

penelope said...

Oh, wouldn't I love to know...