Monday, January 9, 2006

Brake it- 30!

So yah screeech. There went all our fabulous communication. It was sort of terrifying to not want to blog. Suddenly all my thoughts, revelatory of course, were passing into oblivion. I became afraid.

Resolutions seem to be a bit late at this point but i was reminded of them on saturday as herds of runners rumbled by and there was no spot to be found in the archery parking lot. I have my own soon to be precarious resolutions- spelling better isn't one of them. Today I spelled the word "discreet" this way> discrete. nice. i think i'm just going to get worse as i get older. which reminds me also, that i'm turning 30. I don't know why I care but it's sort of like that societal trigger- aren't i suppose to? like where's the midlife crisis, the panic, the wonderment, something? i'm excited to be done with the 20's and ready to move on to something I hope? definitive? non-specified. something. that is definitely one of my top 10.

1. move onto something definitive within the year, preferably in the first 4/5 months or it doesn't really count.
2. #1 prayer: God find me a man. (the car and a new job, i'm sure, will come eventually.)
3. buy presents for people when i think of them and not just at predetermined holiday sale events.
4. keep going to the gym. note the keep part, opposed to start. go more maybe, is a more apt resolution.
5. travel or die. (i'm a high-stakes girl, this year or else. although certain therapists might call this "all or nothing" thinking, and what's wrong with that i ask you? and your answer better not be a shade of grey.)
6. think about writing a novel, decide to do nothing until ready.
7. hold onto vestiges of education and do what it takes to stop slipping into stupidity.
8. read.
9. be wistful about the following things: learning french, nascar driving, figure drawing, being thin, living in a new house, having a husband, being out of debt, traveling the world and not having to work, living on an acre of land.
10. attempt to sell my art and put the www.souloftheshoe.com website to work. ignore it's complaints at slave wages and long working hours. vow to run away with the mysterious man on horse back as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Future blogs: picture of the 30pound pumpkin, and the new garden art.
SPES ALTERA VITAE

4 comments:

Danica said...

I can help you with the writing a novel...do the Nanowrimo contest in November. It's ideal for the dilettante /or procrastinator since you can hold off writing until November and then get that goal accomplished in just ONE month. I think (yep lots of room for wiggle there eh?) I'll do it this year. http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Kurt said...

I want to see the thirty pound pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Was archery really that crowded last weekend?

My roommate did one of her student films in French. I think it would be cool to learn another language, although at this point I've forgotten so much of my Spanish as it is. So much for four years of classes.

mendacious said...

well archery was normal-crowded. it was the herd of joggers hogging all the parking. frickin enthusiasts