Wednesday, January 18, 2006

If I were a Rich Man

I've never actually seen the musical.

i'll try to get a blog in before southpark @ 7. if i were to have been faithfully blogging there wouldve been a whole lot of crankiness. and comments along the line of why are you such a crankypants... and me flipping you off and more crankiness. i think i was able to give myself some perspective though. i checked my bank account and there is some money in there, so when i go begging to my mom for cash- again- it won't be as much- and i'm sure a lot can happen in 3wks. the EDD might send me a check, i might get a job, i might die tragically before winning the lottery.

besides that i'm tired of myself, having failed to amuse myself with sparkly objects, arts 'n crafts or the promise of leaving the country. and i can't even tap into the wry amusement i felt at gutting a 40lbs bag of dogfood at costco and watching it rain down at my feet thru the cart like i'd won a slot machine. which did happen and no one even laughed. maybe i've taken on their apathetic joyless existence that sees something extraordinary and still it fails to elicit a response. and as i shook the kibble out of my sandals and looked around, no one was gaping. i thought, why isn't anyone paying attn to me? i've just made a scene. the kibble mountain is as high as the cart for fricks sake!

the other day i saw charlie chaplin crossing the street with his oversized shoes and cane and it made me want to join the ranks of physical comedians. i have the slipped on a banana peel prat fall down... and well maybe I could go around just testing peoples patience. but then, just to once again illustrate that no one blinks at such things anymore. ah to be an attention whore. if i had it to do over again i would've leaned out my window and said, i love you charlie chaplin- i absolutely do!

2 comments:

Kurt said...

What about the roller skating scene in Modern Times?

Charlie, we thought you were dead!

Somebody's Mom said...

It should have been a great hoot. The kibble. Maybe the shoppers were too weary. Maybe they all laughed later. I don't think so really. sigh.