Sunday, September 4, 2005

The strange circumstance.

I'm at hotel Brag's house. (the director). Originally I was distracted into aquiesing- I was playing volleyball with some fellow picnicers and was called over by a friend who had brag on the phone. He was mumbling something about dog care and if I could take their dog home and then it just spilled into, why can't you just stay there. Well I don't know why not. Um. The game. What? And yah, okay. Back to the game. By the end of the day, I told someone, I think I just agreed to house sit... and then the logistical turnings in my head kept pointing to the awesome shower they have in their house- well better than my cramped tub with the unfinished walls. And there was the air conditioning. Mmm. This little job was looking better and better. I thought, am I getting paid for this? Then I thought, no not really. Because technically this might be a friend favor, although unestablished. Then I thought, was I a last resort? Yes. Seeing as how they were on the road or packing and thought to ask me via someone else and not even me. So, eh. Whose idea was this? Here I am. And that's fine. I decided this will be a nice 2 day vaykay. What with the air conditioning and the awesome shower. There is the question of whether or not to sleep on the bed or the couch. I don't want to seem weird by turning down the bed, but then again it's weird to sleep in their bed. You see how the conversation is spiraling. It's early too and my eyes are getting awfully heavy. Initially I thought I'd have some hotel tv time but found they were tivo-ing the actors studio on bravo. great. crap. oh well, isn't one suppose to read on vacation anyway. My back up, the Brothers Karamazov. And the chihuahua, on the pillow next to my head. The dog, once I carried it outside, determined I couldn't be all that bad and is now curled up and staring at me bug-eyed with it's ears up. Perhaps a little less demanding than a cat but much more unnerving. It's hard not to laugh when I think about it getting eaten by a giant snake, but I don't want to be unkind. The question is, how to be here and simulateously appear to never have been here at all.

No comments: